Toying with the idea of straightening your teeth? There have never been more options to get the grin you've always wanted.
More adults are getting wise to the fact that orthodontic treatment isn't just for kids. Adults now account for more than one-quarter of all Canadians with braces. Adults may be interested in braces for cosmetic or health reasons. Orthodontic work can give you a youthful-looking smile, and may also improve tooth function, gum health and even sleep apnea. And with today's breakthroughs, there are more treatment options than ever before.
(Suresmile QT, Incognito)
- PROS They don't show, but they work just as well as conventional braces. The custom design means a perfect fit.
- CONS They can irritate the tongue and interfere with speech.
- COST They start at $8,000.
- PROS They are practically invisible and can be removed for eating and teeth cleaning (you have to keep them on at night).
- CONS Since they're easily removable, it takes a lot of compliance. If you're tempted to take them out often, they won't work to their full potential. They're best suited to those whose teeth don't need a lot of correction around the foundation but need their alignment adjusted.
- COST They start at $6,000.
(Damon, Metal & Ceramic)
- PROS With no rubber bands, they're easier to clean.
- CONS With more delicate parts, they may be more prone to breakage.
- COST They start at $5,000.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE NEW PATIENT EXAM?
You're one step closer to achieving the smile you've always wanted! After your New Patient Exam, we will schedule your Diagnostic Records appointment to assess treatment. This appointment generally takes about half an hour, and during this time our team will be available to make sure you are as comfortable as possible.